Startup promotion, how?Asked by tom newman
They all write a lot here because they get money for a startup from investors and then spend it on the office and hire a bunch of staff. This is all well and good, but I have not seen enough detailed articles about how exactly money is spent on the development and promotion of the site.
Many will say, well, how, they order more SEOs and make money for advertising (banners). I will say - what’s next, what’s next? SEO for example worked to some extent, but advertising did not work and what to do? More spending money. Explain, please.
all the same, with a probability of 99.99%, your startup is not unique)) so you need to look at how similar projects developed, see how established companies work in this market, and based on this, understand the basic principles of attracting users and basic quantitative indicators, and then do your promotion based on this experience - linda gartz
If you have assembled a tool that someone should use, then the only way to get him to use it is to give them a try and every way try to please and undermine it according to their requirements.
From a marketing point of view, email distribution is minimally intrusive, but as persistent as possible. This can be a digest, project news, and so on. Have you come up with buns that competitors don't have? Do not rush to display them in the prod. Let the audience stand. Let people feel you, touch you and do not see the difference from the analogue, or do not see the obvious benefits. The boiling point is determined by the indicators octase. Sent 1000 letters - it came 800 - poked 300 - approx. Repeat until the situation happened. 1000 - it came 100 - poked 1 - 5 wrote an angry letter to the support, demanding to delete it from the database. The customer is angry with you - the customer knows you. The one who is angry - that controls. Fasten the buns and send a joyful letter in the style of "You wanted - we did." From love to hate and back one step and you get customers (not the audience, namely customers).
invites prior to the development of the project, the tester community to the first line of the design code / sheet.
viral marketing and others like a blizzard.
and most importantly try, experiment and try.
and by the way, sometimes a timed slip in 0.5s can create a 100k client for you - mary michelle moore
1. sending out to friends, acquaintances, and please pass on
2. if you have something to write new - write news and send to the media
3. posting links to you in different groups in VK and so on.
4. Buying, if you have money, advertising, it’s better not banners, but links, and even better to pay for the action - registration, downloading, filling out a questionnaire, etc.
5. mailing, e-mail newsletters, not spam, let's say there are paid options, advertising for services like Spaylog or Hotlog. If the service does not have such an option - ask them to do it, you will be the first customers (provided that they have a database of contacts of their customers)
7. SEO video
8. participation in contests, ratings
9. holding contests to attract attention and audience - play a new iPhone 4 for those who will bring new friends more than anyone, etc.
I do not agree that good service, service should not be advertised. All advertise themselves, but in different ways and Facebook, and Google, and Porsche, and Mercedes with Coke.