Is it possible to access OpenLDAP via MAPI? Or how can OpenLDAP pretend to be a GAL?Asked by vanessa siino haack
There is an ATCS client (InfraCommClient) which can only accept as an address book:
1. The actual address book of the server (more precisely, the users established locally on the server)
2. Windows Address Book (WAB files)
3. Outlook Address Book
4. Exchange GAL (which is LDAP in nature)
5. It is possible (theoretically) to use other providers of contacts registered in the system
There is an OpenLDAP directory with contacts.
And there is a banal task - all users should have a single address book.
1. In the server address book only subscribers of ATSCI can be.
2. WAB - a purely individual thing
3. Outlook, we do not use
4. We don’t have Exchange.
The support spread his hands, except options 2 - 4 can not offer anything.
Is there a MAPI-LDAP contact provider for Windows in nature?
Is it possible to emulate GAL?
ps: if crookedly formulated - do not blame me :)
Try it, it will not work - ICQ 554370273, I can try to help
OpenLDAP does not support VLV (Virtual List View). And the list of all addresses (without search) cannot be obtained. Accordingly, the idea is meaningless, you need to look for another LDAP server (supporting VLV).